PDA

View Full Version : OT: Wheres the NZ tabloid site?

*Sparky*
11-08-2003, 12:58 AM
I saw it on the news tonight. A new site thats full of NZ scandal / gossip. Hosted by the ex-queer nation guy.

Anyone know its url. Might be good for a laugh.

BootyLicious
11-08-2003, 01:57 AM
You have the url is in your Subject. it is a nztabloid site is it not .com

Steve Askew
11-08-2003, 07:10 AM
www.nztabloid.com in case you didn't get the cryptic answer :p
I had a look at that site after watching the news, Its a lot like the trashy news paper the poms have. EG 'The Sun'
I agree with Mrs Hoskings that Mike should drive slower with the twins in the car :D

Cheers Steve

argus
11-08-2003, 06:39 PM
SCOOP!

Mike and Marie Hosking have two-year-old daughters who, when viewed albeit indistinctly through a car window, appear to be:

female and
about two years old.

And a learned judge dilates to about 10 pages on the existence of a tort of privacy in NZ law and matters cognate. I was surprised he didn't go back to the case of George V's horses (sneakily photographed by a newspaperman while exercising in a Royal Park). "Hard luck, mush...er...your Majesty (one of the few cases where Rex actually was Rex)" said the judge. "They were in a public place."

I think the judgement (linked from the site under "The Baby they Tried to Hide") makes mildly more entertaining reading than the original story. But what a waste of breath by all concerned.

Someone in the nz.general newsgroup pointed us to an interview with Hillary Clinton (thought to have lied about being named after Sir Ed, BTW) discussing dead-pan her alien (as in interplanetary) lover.

Now that's real tabloid journalism.

Argus