PDA

View Full Version : Free Game - Americas Army 1.9 released

nzStan
09-08-2003, 09:49 PM
This is for TimYang (if he is still visiting this forum). Americas Army 1.9 has just been released. A whopping 600MB full install is available at the Jetstreamgames FTP2 server.

If you have Jetstream, login to the free realm by using the following jetstream account - user@jetstreamgames.co.nz (leave password blank). Logging in to the free realm will give you full DSL speed (ie 2mbits) even if you are on Jetstart. The JSG traffic is also not added to your account

The AA 1.9 file can be found at ftp://ftp2.jetstreamgames.co.nz/pub/AA/

Information about Americas Army can be found at http://americasarmy.com/about.php

BTW Bruce - how about a review of this game on PCWorld? It's free and very very high quality.

PoWa
09-08-2003, 10:03 PM
Wow, thanks for that Stan. Off to download it now :) I'm guessing its multiplayer right? How about a small pressf1 clan? :p

nzStan
09-08-2003, 10:36 PM
LOL I might just do that. Non of my clan play AA except me. So if you see DEMONZ_Chainsaw or PressF1_Chainsaw just holler out K?

BootyLicious
09-08-2003, 10:45 PM
I have AA 1.9 but when i goto login i get the error timed out.

can you let me know if you can login alright.

i'll be in for an pressf1 clan ]:)

nzStan
09-08-2003, 10:52 PM
The problem with time out is because they haven't finished upgrading all the 1.7 servers to 1.9. As more and more 1.9 authentication servers are added you'll find it easier.

It took me between 10 to 30 retries each time I passed a Medic course. Being a trained first aider for over 20 years I didn't listen to any of the AA lectures, and just sat the test.

stu140103
09-08-2003, 10:59 PM
> This is for TimYang (if he is still visiting this
> forum).

He got banned from Press F1, that is all I am going to say.....(do a search & you will find out why......),

** If ** I talk to him on MSN I will pass that on to him :)

Greg S
10-08-2003, 10:13 AM
Say hi to me if we meet in-game - [ForceNZ]Hotdog

flying_green_leprachaun
10-08-2003, 01:14 PM
yay for [ForceNZ] hmm, I havent played in a good long while. <dang uni> Im downloading now tho ;-)

BootyLicious
10-08-2003, 01:55 PM
i Think i have played AA with ya [ForceNZ], My nick name is "NZGUN"
i'll be look out for ya.

Greg S
10-08-2003, 04:58 PM
> i Think i have played AA with ya [ForceNZ], My nick
> name is "NZGUN"
> i'll be look out for ya.

Roger that - I've seen ya around

nzStan
11-08-2003, 10:43 AM
What time do you guys play? And where?

I usually sort on lowest ping and pick the server with a reasonably number of players ie around 6 or more.

I tend to gravitate towards Bridge SE, River Basin, Insurgent Camps, Mountain pass if I play alone.

If I have a few people that I can trust I won't mind playing urban maps like Weapon Cache.

I'll be on tonight after 8pm. I've yet to meet a ForceNZ player yet :(

Greg S
11-08-2003, 11:26 AM
There's a few of us, but play times are quite sporadic - sometimes some of us are up til around 5am. We play a variety of maps - my favourites are MP and I quite like the look of MP_SE.

I don't think I'll be on tonight, but will be tomorrow evening

yang11
11-08-2003, 11:57 AM

PoWa
11-08-2003, 12:03 PM
How do you get into the darn servers?? It keeps saying something like "you are not verified/validated for this server" once I'm nearly beginning to play.

I made a new account, called Powa and I completed 4 of the training missions, except on the last mission it wouldnt connect to the server and it timed out repeatedly. SO I gave up on the last mission and went into 'deployment'.

First time it wouldn't let me in cos I didnt have punkbuster on. After 5mins looking around, I found the stupid button. And now when I try to connect to any server I get the message up there ^^.

Which servers do you guys play on?

Greg S
11-08-2003, 12:06 PM
Those are all known problems at the moment - some people get them, some don't - I have some issues myself with training and logging into the Auth server, but I can get into games ok via Deployment

nzStan
11-08-2003, 01:30 PM
Yeah Authentication is a bit of hit and miss at the moment. I keep trying sometimes up to 30 times before I can successfully register my course results. Still I assume they will get more authentication servers to 1.9 eventually.

PoWa
11-08-2003, 02:40 PM
Do you have to complete all the training before you can play?

nzStan
11-08-2003, 02:59 PM
You have to complete all basics, then MOUT Kenna(?) then you get to play the online games with others. You can bypass airborne but then you can't play airborne games line Radar tower.