PDA

View Full Version : My CD writer is faulty

ggyy
09-08-2003, 05:39 PM
the computer some how does not recognise my cd writer. instead it labels it as a normal cd rom drive. I also cannot write any cds because of this.

i am running win98 and have three separate drives:

- 50x cd rom drive
- DVD rom drive
- cd writer (acer) (8x4x32x)

I can only read cds from the cd writer drive but i cannot write onto cds...please help!!!

tweak\'e
09-08-2003, 05:50 PM
what cd writeing program are you useing ?

ggyy
23-08-2003, 03:35 PM
i am using Roxio Easy cd creator

vk_dre
23-08-2003, 10:50 PM
Wots the Primary and the Slave 1?

vk_dre
23-08-2003, 10:53 PM
try disconectin the CDrom drive then making the CDwrite the primary, see if that works?

Elephant
23-08-2003, 11:57 PM
You mention three optical drives and no hard disk. I guess you have a hard disk????

I would ensure that the Hard disk is Primary Master which I think it is already. If it wasn't then you probably wouldn't boot. :-)

Put the Acer CDWriter as Secondary Master

The DVD and 50x CDRom as primary slave and secondary slave or vice versa as I don't think that matters much.

It would depend on whether you want to copy direct from the CDrom 50x or the DVD.

The Acer CD writer at ( 8x4x32 ) is also getting a bit old now.
Just maybe it is broken. :-(

vk_dre
24-08-2003, 12:55 AM
> I would ensure that the Hard disk is Primary Master
> which I think it is already. If it wasn't then you
> probably wouldn't boot. :-)

Hmmmm, really??? :D Sorry bout that Elephant, but if he can boot up then it shows the HDD is either primary or secondary as he can boot up via cdrom, floppy, etc. So that really isnt a problem, dont take this the wrong way, i'm not tryin to put u down, just sayin that its obvious, thats all :) well i "think" it is, but wot do i know, i am just a nobody. :)

PoWa
24-08-2003, 01:46 AM
Get Easy Cd Creator updated via the website, you may have to download a supported writers patch if necessary.

Other than that, you'll need to install the latest ASPI drivers (http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.html?sess=no&language=English+US&cat=%2fProduct%2fASPI-4.70&prodkey=ASPI-4.70) which let you burn cds.