PDA

View Full Version : fsb settings on shuttle mk20 m/b

jstocker
09-08-2003, 03:34 PM
I have a spacewalker (Shuttle) mk20 motherboard with a Duron 900 CPU, 256 mb SDRAM in 2 128mb panels. The fsb on this board is set by jumper. It is 100mhz by default. this works fine. i'm trying to set it to 133mhz, the other option, but when I change it by removing the jumper as per instructions the PC will no longer put out a video signal - at least I assume from the drive activity that it is booting - its just that the monitor (powered from the PC powersupply) turns off (ie the power light goes out and the screen remains blank) almost immediately after I restart the PC.
Any suggestions as to how I can get 133 mhz fsb running, or information as to why i can't?

John Stocker

kiwibeat
09-08-2003, 05:03 PM
your cpu wont be able to waork at that speed a 10% increaser is ok 110 FSB if you can adjust in small increments that is

tweak\'e
09-08-2003, 05:15 PM
durons run at 100mhz fsb so increasing it to 133 is overclocking it. also your ram may only be 100mhz.

Elephant
09-08-2003, 05:43 PM
Your CPU won't run with a 133 FSB. If your motherboard supports stepping up the FSB in increments then try that.

If not then get a new CPU and a motherboard to suit.

I have tried overclocking CPU's and with the right motherboard, BIOS and CPU it can be done. I have in fact done it. The fact remains that having got your Duron CPU to run at 1000 Mhz instead of 900 are you going to notice very much difference in real world terms?

If I were you I'd look at a BIOS upgrade for the motherboard and see if it will take a faster CPU. Then replace the CPU with a faster one.

Try selling your current Motherboard, CPU, RAM combination on TradeMe or the likes and use the money you get to get a new combination.