PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Blue Screen.........Not Death

Rockman
09-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Hi,

Iv'e got this 15" monitor and had it for approx 5 years. It was used mainly for my 486 computers at the time, and because these parts are very costly, I decided to use this one for the time being before I buy a reasonable 17" monitor in a few weeks.

enough said...

Unfortunately, I am somewhat baffled as why just last night and also including other times when I have been using this monitor, it has just suddenly gone light blue. Like the colors for icons loose quality, and even what should be white ends up being light blue.

Has any one got an idea?

I have also got another monitor Viewsonic 17" in the other room and then used that instead, and there is no problem.

Does this mean that my monitor is nearly KAPUTT??

Things I have done and checked is the powerbase and swapped it with another good one but still same result. Tried using another monitor (only 17") available, but no problems. ...

Peter H
09-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Could be the signal lead, but most likely a monitor fault if others are OK on your system.
Bye

Terry Porritt
09-08-2003, 07:12 PM
A 5 year old 15" monitor is most probably beyond economic repair, unless you know a friendly tech who can have a look at it. As Peter says, either breaks in the video cable, or faulty colour amplifiers, or even the tube.

Rockman
09-08-2003, 07:19 PM
Thanks Guys,

Yeah I tested using different video cards using the 15" monitor and still same result. And even trying out the different power bases too.

Back to the drawing board again....

Peter H
09-08-2003, 08:39 PM
Back to the wallet I think. You should pick up a second hand one for $20.00 or so.
Bye

flyer590
09-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Try checking to make sure that none of the monitor pins is bent.