PDA

View Full Version : Mafia's Prologue Music

attaboy999
09-08-2003, 01:47 PM
Hey:

One thing I really love about Mafia is the music in the beginning of the game, by Django Reinharft.

I would really love to hear it whole, because i know that is only a small piece which is in the game.

Does anyone know what's it called, just that piece, so i could find it on the internet easier.

Thanks

Jen C
09-08-2003, 06:24 PM
The music credits for Mafia can be found on this (http://www.music4games.net/r_mafia_pc.html) site. The first 12 are by Reinhardt and The Hot Club de France. I guess you can go through that list by a process of elimination until you find the music score from the start of the game.

Poppa John
09-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Jen C is it possible to "Lift" this music for ones personal use?? PJ

Jen C
09-08-2003, 07:07 PM
Well that may be a faster way of locating the music by searching your Hard Drive for all mp3's, and then sorting through the ones from the game. However, the piece that attaboy999 is trying to find from the game is only a shortened version of it. Also, it still will not give the actual music scores name but just whatever obscure file name the game developers assigned to that piece.

If you do have complete mp3's from games that you have installed and you like just listening to that music, there is no reason why you cannot make up a playlist from their current location and listen to it.