PDA

View Full Version : Web Design Software

Annanz
09-08-2003, 08:02 AM
What is the best Web Design Software which uses Graphical Interface layout like Microsoft Frontpage so I can design my own Personal Web Site. Like to use Graphical Interface instead of having to type in html code to design my site.

PoWa
09-08-2003, 10:54 AM
Macromedia Studio MX. You'll need to learn how to use it, but definitely one of the best on the market. No unclean code like MS Word, and frontpage. Apparently the older version, Dreamweaver 4 is easier to use for newer people.

Dolby Digital
09-08-2003, 11:16 AM
>>Macromedia Studio MX
Dreamweaver is a favourite. You should be able to get a demo of a magazine cd to try-before-you-buy.

stu140103
09-08-2003, 12:12 PM
I have to agree with PoWa & Dolby Digital Dreamweaver is definitely a favourite, (I use it all the time, it is Great! and lot better then FrontPage!)

mejobloggs
09-08-2003, 04:09 PM
I think front page is easier to use if you dont want to do code. I used Front page 2000, and it was ok. A lot cheaper than dreamweaver.

I havnt really used dreamweaver that much without coding, because thats one of the main reasons of dreamweaver i think.

stu140103
09-08-2003, 04:57 PM
> I havnt really used dreamweaver that much without
> coding, because thats one of the main reasons of
> dreamweaver i think.

Not really, you can (with MX) use it all most like front page & you do not even need to touch the code :)

sc0ut
09-08-2003, 05:04 PM
you should be typing in HTML code
i find it makes it far easyer to edit later because you wrote it
i just use the GUI when i forget a Tag or practice with boarders

Elephant
09-08-2003, 05:21 PM
I think you have answered your own question. Try Frontpage. There seems to be more on the Internet in the way of tutorials and it seems to be more mainstream than Dreamweaver.

Which ever way you go there will be a learning curve. :-(

Dreamweaver is fine but Frontpage has a GUI like Frontpage. Exactly the same GUI in fact. :-)

tweak\'e
09-08-2003, 05:28 PM
one thing to watch is MS programs tend to code useing MS codeing so you may have problems with non-MS browses. i have no idea what the latest frontpage is like but i have found you still have to edit by hand as no program gets it 100% right

mejobloggs
09-08-2003, 06:49 PM
still dont get it 100% right by hand either.

Greg S
10-08-2003, 02:01 AM
I suggest avoid using ancient html code on it's own. Also anything that is MS (eg FrontPage) is a huge worry. Remember that MS may "own" the software and OS world, but they don't own the Internet.

MM Dreamweaver is reputedly the choice of professionals