PDA

View Full Version : PC Company DVD drive

DanielS
09-08-2003, 03:06 AM
Hi

I have a PC Company computer and bought a DVD rom with it. The problem is, I can't find anywhere what sort of brand this DVD drive is. Next to manufacturer is says "Standard CD-ROM drives".
Has anyone else here bought a DVD rom with a PC Company computer and has actually found out what sort of brand it is or found out who the manufacturer is?

Thanks

argus
09-08-2003, 08:23 AM
I suggest you simply ask The PC Company. Or do you suspect they don't know? :-) When I wanted to know the brand of my internal dial-up modem to find an updated driver, they told me by phone and subsequently sent me a full listing of all my components.

Is there no clue in the text that appears at boot-up?

Mind you, given the short life (just over a year; just enough time to take it out of warranty) of their CD drive, I wouldn't trust a DVD drive supplied by them.

Argus

PoWa
09-08-2003, 10:42 AM
Hi,

Just open up your case, unscrew the dvd drive, and take a look at the label on the top or bottom of the drive. That was the only way I could find out what make mine was, you could always try something like AIDA, but I doubt that will get you results.

If you see warning stickers on the case about opening it and invalidating your warranty, ignore them - you can't invalidate your warranty by opening the case, contrary to the sticker's belief :)

Jen C
09-08-2003, 10:51 AM
Aida32 should give you the details on the DVD drive. You can download the AIDA32 - Personal System Information program from here (http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32). In the program under Storage > Optical Drives, it should display the manufacturers name.

Jen C
09-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Just noticed that Aida32 is now on version 3.75. You can update your Aida32 program by using the update function within the program. File > NetUpdate.

Baldy
09-08-2003, 12:52 PM
> If you see warning stickers on the case about opening
> it and invalidating your warranty, ignore them - you
> can't invalidate your warranty by opening the case,
> contrary to the sticker's belief :)

PoWa a sticker dosen't have a belief.......... its only a printed piece of paper with a sticky backing. You need a brain to have a belief, or at least be alive

PoWa
09-08-2003, 12:56 PM
I see you have a good sense of humour..

PoWa
09-08-2003, 12:57 PM
Of course, I could be refferring to the Sticker (The person who stuck the sticker on)

Pollly
09-08-2003, 02:30 PM
> Of course, I could be refferring to the Sticker (The
> person who stuck the sticker on)

Then that would be the sticker sticker wouldn't it? ?:|

somebody
09-08-2003, 04:03 PM
what about the person/machine who put the sticky stuff on the back of the sticker?

Baldy
09-08-2003, 07:18 PM
> what about the person/machine who put the sticky
> stuff on the back of the sticker?

Of course if the sticker sticker was a junior in the PCCompany trying to impress Mr Brown, all the licking would have removed the brown stuff off the tongue

robinj
11-08-2003, 10:55 AM
find a program called belarc advisor and download it ,it will give you a complete audit of your pc."google will find it for you"