PDA

View Full Version : Problems loading drivers for SB Audigy

stefana
07-08-2003, 09:14 PM
One day the SoundBlaster Audigy sound card in my computer just stoped working. I uninstalled it, then reloaded the instalation disc. This model card does not have XP compatable drivers, so it is a mater of loading the original drivers then running the XP driver patches.

The problem I have is this, the card still wont work. When I go into device manager I can see that there are too issues: 1) Multimedia audio controller (WDM), 2) PCI input device (relates to the firewire port on the card.

When I try to specifically load the drivers off the disc (original incomptable drivers must be loaded first) it finds the drivers and loads then and then advises that an error happened. It claims that access was denied.

What is happening? How can I fix this problem so I can get my sound card to work again?

Thanks, Stefan

Chilling_Silently
08-08-2003, 01:44 AM
It may be a good idea to go to the manufacturers website and see if there's a clean download that does not need patching, as that is likely where problems lie.

Otherwise, try driverguide.com as there's a large selection of drivers there :-)

Elephant
08-08-2003, 09:56 AM
Check out the Creative Web site. There are the full Audigy drivers for XP there. I have one of these cards and the drivers work OK here. I suggest you download the Full pack rather than try to update via the Web.