PDA

View Full Version : unable to hide taskbar

Peter Coleman
07-08-2003, 04:57 PM
Hi guys,I have a problen in that I can't hide my task bar.When I right click on it,it comes up with a box that says"this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.Please contact your system administrator".I don't have an administrator!.This suddenly happened about a week ago,for no apparent reason.(unless one of the kids has done something,and not owning up to it)I've looked everywhere to try and find any restrictions,but can't find anything.The only change I can think of is I installed Tweakui about 2-3 weeks ago,but have since uninstalled this,with no effect.Running 98SE upgrade from 95.
Thanks

Peter

Peter Coleman
14-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Just hoping someone will have an idea to fix this.
Thanks

Peter

Murray P
14-08-2003, 10:29 PM
Its Tweak UI. Go to the home page for a fix. Might mean a bit of registry work for you.

Cheers Murray P

Peter Coleman
15-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Hi Murray,I had a look at the home site( I think it was anyway),but couldn't find anything.Where did you see something?

Peter

Jen C
16-08-2003, 12:28 AM
Look here (http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&withinResults=&QuerySource=gsfxAdvancedSearch_Query&Product=msall&Queryc=Q323759&Query=tweakui) for a list of known issues with TweakUI and Win98.