PDA

View Full Version : OT Removal Macrovision from stand alone DVD Player

parry
07-08-2003, 02:21 PM
I have searched DVDHelp and general search engines like Google to find how to remove the macrovision from a stand alone Pioneer DV344 player without any luck so far. Seems there are different manufacturer versions where some countries models are lucky and can remove this but others like NZ get the big finger.

I have seen how you can open it up and muck around with the circuit board - something I'm not going to do. An interesting solution may be to use a SCART connector.

I've never used SCART so wouldnt know:-
a) Whats the benefit of this over normal Right Audio,Left Audio,Video plugs
b) Why would this prevent macrovision.

Any ideas?

zip1nz
07-08-2003, 03:29 PM
your not confusing macrovision with region protection ru ?

parry
07-08-2003, 06:48 PM
No, they are totally different although both are a form of draconian protection :-)

PoWa
07-08-2003, 07:31 PM
Why are you wanting to remove the Macrovision from the DVD drive? To copy the dvd onto a VHS tape??

-Macrovision copy-protection mechanism prevents DVDs to be recorded to VHS cassettes without hacking either the DVD player or the VCR.

If you had a dvd writer I guess you could use SmartRipper to de-macrovision, decrypt and make the dvd region free, then you could burn that onto a new DVD. Then you could easily copy the dvd onto vhs tape, because the macrovision protection would no longer be on the dvd. - Not sure if thats what your wanting but yeah ;)

parry
07-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Got it in 1. No DVDRom or DVDRW :_|