PDA

View Full Version : Dynalink ADSL Modem Dropping Connection

Timmy
07-08-2003, 12:49 AM
Hey there... i bought a Dynalink internal ADSL modem a few wks back with Jetstream Starter... works well... but when i use media player.. winamp.. any media player.. in fact anything that has music... the connection is dropped.. and the line has no signal...

it can get really frustrating as i am into music.. and having to go without music... is annoying when i want to download something.. or just browsing.. if anyone knows anything about this.. any help would be excellent!!:-) cheers!!
TIM!

Gorela
07-08-2003, 12:57 AM
A strange one that! It could be that you have an IRQ conflict between your sound card and the ADSL modem. Depending on your O/S you could check whether there is a conflict in the Device Manager.

Timmy
07-08-2003, 01:00 AM
I am running WinXP Pro.... i have onboard sound(disabled) and currently using 1/3 pci slots with 6 CH Sound card (DSE XH7847).. was recommended to put adsl modem as far from sound card as possible... thats done.. not a scrap of difference... as far as i know there is no conflicts... maybe if i take 6ch sound card out and just try the onboard sound and see if that makes a diff?:|

Gorela
07-08-2003, 01:36 AM
Rather than removing the soundcard you should be able to disable it in one of your profiles and enable the onboard sound. This hopefully will work coz you have to keep in mind XP only permits a certain number of alterations to the computer before you need to re-activate it again.

I'm not to sure if you can enable profiles with XP, but look at the device manager page to see if that is possible.

The suggestion to move the ADSL as far away as possible would be purely to stop radio interference between that and the sound card. It want make any difference to the IRQ settings with a plug and play computer.

Timmy
07-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Hey... yes it has worked... i just simply removed the 6ch sound card... i prefer removing from disabling .. just a pcycological thing haha .. i dunno... anyway.. it is all going good now... but no surround sound... hmm i dunno.. i mite have to do without it until i get an external adsl modem... i dunno ill surely find other ways around the prob.. at least the internet is all going good now tho!! thank you for your help... much appreaciated... Cheers!! :-) TIM