PDA

View Full Version : Courses for 2004

csinclair83
06-08-2003, 11:17 PM
as some of you know i attended UCOL last year...and earlier this...
i have to admit..i didnt do as well as i expected... :-( but guess that happens sometimes......anyway...

i'm now in rotorua, and gonna attend Waiariki....
i've been looking at the 2002 course book as i assume most is gonna be the same...but the thing is...what course should i be doing....as i dont actually know my level of expertise...and stuff...

also i kinda wanna choose a course now..and use the time between now and febuary 2004 to kind of prepare myself..like getting books outta library...learn more of macromedia...linux if needed..stuff like that.. and also coz i will be required to apply early, so the polytech can have a bit of time to find me a interpreter etc (as i;m deaf)...and they are hard to find these days..

so how am i meant to find out my level of expertise and what course to choose?...

i also have to admit...i have no clue what i wanna do but i know its with computers..and i admit, i have alot of fun with the internet, webmaking and graphic stuff...
visual basic can be cool if i actually learnt it properly...as i know i can make small programs with it...

hope someone here can lead/show me the right way :)

cheers in advance...

csinclair83
06-08-2003, 11:18 PM
dammit..i forgot this...
heres the waiariki website...if u want it :)

www.waiariki.ac.nz

cheers

vk_dre
06-08-2003, 11:46 PM
WHy dont u do Opto-Electronics, my cousin did it and got an A for her Thesis and got her Phd in it. Its quite interesting.

csinclair83
06-08-2003, 11:48 PM
never heard of that?
can u gimmie more details?

vk_dre
07-08-2003, 12:09 AM
She said it involved learning about lasers and the lasers used for reading CD,dvd's etc and for bending/distorting space time. I can ask her for more details if u want. It also invovles the eye and its sensitivity the osiclloscopes and other stuff, there is heaps more, her thesis was like 300 pages thick on font 10. Thats a lot of info.

Rod ger
07-08-2003, 01:48 AM
Hi Chris,
Why don't you make an appointment and go and see the people at the polytec. Tell them where you are at, and see what then come up with, after all they're supposed to be the experts!