PDA

View Full Version : formatting a partition drive

jackyht
06-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Hi

I am just wondering, i have 1 main hdd, but separate into 2 partition...

The main C drive has already been format already, but i really want to Format D without disturb the whole Windows XP system...

At the moment, when I click on my D Drive and click format, it shows that format menu windows out, but when I click format, it said I am not allow to do so.....

I am already on Administrator login...

Any reply will be much appreciated
Jacky

Odin
06-08-2003, 04:12 PM
What partition is XP installed on. Also try to format it though Disk management - Right click on My Computer and choose Manage then click on Disk Management.

Sounds like your OS is currently installed on D: or perhaps it hasn't been setup correctly. Either way going into Disk Management should give you some more indfoprmation about that particular partition

zip1nz
06-08-2003, 05:25 PM
As I recently discovered a a machine I was repairing , your D drive is probably an XP recovery partition and if this is the case best leave it like that.

jackyht
07-08-2003, 01:34 AM
thanks odin

I have follow the step that u told me..... i was looking for that format function for ages.... now it works out now... thanks

however, just wish to tell that, my D drive is for my documents only, C drive is my main system drive...

Jacky