PDA

View Full Version : problem....

starfish
06-08-2003, 11:28 AM
I have Windows XP and recently when connecting to Infogen after starting up the Computer my dial up box is being over-ridden with a window called Delfin Media Viewer - Microsoft Internet Explorer. The address is documents and settings etc.

Why is this coming up all the time and how can I fix it???
Please help!

Jim B
06-08-2003, 11:48 AM
How to remove DelFin Media Viewer from your computer

First, go to your Control Panel (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel) and remove DelFin (if possible) from Add/Remove Programs. Then follow these steps:

1. Double Click My Computer (98, ME) or Start ---> My Computer (XP). Double click "Control Panel." Double click "Add/Remove Programs." Select "DelFin Media Viewer" from the list, and click "Remove."

2. Click Start, Click Run, type "regedit" (without the quotation marks), and click "OK".

3. Locate "Run" registry key in the following location (keys are on the right, values are on the left. Don't delete anything else!):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\

4. Delete the "Pgmonitr.exe" string value. It may also be listed as "DelFin Media Viewer" in the "Run" list.

5. Close the Registry Editor.

6. Restart your computer.

starfish
06-08-2003, 11:51 AM
Thanks Jim,
Do you know why this happened and how it got on my computer?

Jim B
06-08-2003, 12:17 PM
It is one of the many things you can get when you install Kazaa

http://www.kazaap.org/list.htm

starfish
06-08-2003, 03:52 PM
Thanks for your help, I have not got Kazaa however with your help I have now fixed the problem.
Cheers

Jim B
06-08-2003, 04:01 PM
You must have downloaded it with another program then, Kazaa is not the only one it comes with.