PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate emails.

Thomas
06-08-2003, 08:37 AM
XP home,outlook express.
This morning o/e is giving me all emails in duplicate,what could the matter be?

wotz
06-08-2003, 08:50 AM
My boss has had it happen too - end of last week

Thomas
06-08-2003, 08:58 AM
And what did he do?

Jim B
06-08-2003, 09:11 AM
When you say duplicate messages do you get two the same when your receive mail or do you get the same messages over again every time you send/receive but only one copy of each.

Have you got a hotmail account setup in OE

Check in Tools/Accounts/Mail tab and see how many mail accounts are set up there.

Thomas
06-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Thanks Jim,if say I get an email from Jim,then it will arrive as two emails,each one saying the same thing.
Looked in mail tab,just the one account.

Jim B
06-08-2003, 11:01 AM
You probably have a corrupt POP3UIDL.DBX file.Close OE and delete that file. It will be recreated when you re-open OE.

OE uses this file to keep track of what has
already been downloaded.

Quit Outlook Express.

Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.

In the Named box, type Pop3uidl.dbx, and then click Find Now.

. Right-click the Pop3uidl.dbx file, and then click delete

. Start Outlook Express and check for new mail.

wotz
06-08-2003, 12:14 PM
My boss was using Outlook XP and xtra. She is away at the moment so I can't check anything. It didn't sound as if it was all messages, just from certain people. The next day it was different people.

beetle
06-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Me here i get that two sort of .... multiple emails from same person 1-2 at a time then about 10 mins later another one and so on and i can get up to 8-10 of the same email? and not on same days, if i shut down and have 4of them already guaranteed ill get more tomorow....
LOL

explain that one to me?
as i dont get it either.

beetle

Thomas
06-08-2003, 12:29 PM
Found no result in files and folders J?,meantime it seems to have stopped duplicating.

Have you considered Beet,that the sender likes you so much that they send in triplicate?

Jim B
06-08-2003, 01:25 PM
All these posts sound as if they are all slightly different problems.
There can be several different causes for duplicate messages.

1. If you have a Hotmail account setup in OE this is a known problem.

2. The sender may be sending the same message multiple time.

3. If you get stuck on a message when downloading and don't retrieve all messages waiting and OE times out then next attempt will downlod all the ones you have already received.

4 You have "leave messages on server" selected in OE Advanced options and the file that tracks messages already downloaded is corrupted so you get them all again.

5. You may have the same mail account set up in twice in OE Tools/Accounts

beetle
06-08-2003, 01:31 PM
this is not a hotmail account and as far as i know its also not a hotmail account sending the original emails either.

and they all have different times on them that they were sent / received etc.

and i use OE

and T if any other people decide they like me that much to send multiples god help me if they all decide to do at once !! i have only about a hundred email address's on my computer at moment so if they each sent 10 each ill have too many too read! and go into delete mode all regardless ! LOL

beetle