PDA

View Full Version : Autocomplete

Sanco
05-08-2003, 10:06 PM
I like the way autocomplete remembers passwords for login on sites like pressf1, but alas I have mistakenly answered no to autocomplete for a site I visit very often and now it doesn't ask me anymore if I want it to remember the password when i login to that site and I have to type it all by myself! Being fairly lazy I would like to reverse that mistake and make autocomplete ask me or directly remember the user name and password for that site. Is it possible?
Thank you very much in advance for your help.

stu140103
05-08-2003, 11:09 PM
> I like the way autocomplete remembers passwords for
> login on sites like pressf1, but alas I have
> mistakenly answered no to autocomplete for a site I
> visit very often and now it doesn't ask me anymore if
> I want it to remember the password when i login to
> that site and I have to type it all by myself! Being
> fairly lazy I would like to reverse that mistake and
> make autocomplete ask me or directly remember the
> user name and password for that site. Is it
> possible?

I think so,

On that web page that you mistakenly answered No to

Go to tools> internet options then click on the content tab then click on the Autocomplete button then just tick "usernames and passwords on forums” then tick "prompt me to save passwords"

Hope this helps

vk_dre
05-08-2003, 11:19 PM
I second the above answer

Sanco
06-08-2003, 07:50 AM
Thank you, but I've tried that and did not work. I have even cleared all forms and passwords on autocomplete with the result o having to re-put all the old passwords in again, and funny enough it asked me if I wanted to remember all the old passwords as I went but a couple, and guess what? Yes the same ones it didn' record to start with.
There must be a way to get to autocomplete through, I don't know, maybe the registry and clear all the pages I have said no to, for example.

Jim B
06-08-2003, 10:23 AM
The information here (http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_oe_passwords.htm) is for Outlook Express but it also fixes IE autocomplete problems

Sanco
07-08-2003, 08:14 AM
Thanks everyone for the help and in particular Jim.
That link is highly useful and in my case it helped me fix the problem.
Thank you again and keep up the good work.