PDA

View Full Version : Problems on Re-installing Norton Anti-Virus & System Works Pro

KennethSmith
05-08-2003, 09:17 PM
I recently installed Norton System Works Pro 2003, instead of paying another year on Norton Anti-virus for updates. My system is a Pentium3 1GB with 526RAM and 2 40GB HDD each divided into 4 partitions, with Windows 2000Pro operating system updated to SP2- (SP# deliberately not installed as I object to my operating System phoning home to talk to Big Brother Microsoft)
I followed instructions re uninstalling Norton anti-virus 2001 and the new software installation, and now I have a number of problems.
On system start up I get the following Message:
Log File initialisation error Drive D.
When I use System Works one button Check-up Scan, I get two as follows:
Windows Registry Scan
Invalid ActiveX?Com Entries (1 problem)
The key"bwpfile\open\Command" refers to an invalid command entry.
"C\ProgramFiles\Kodak\Kodak Software Updater\7288971\6.1.4 37-7288971L\Program\PrvCnt.exe"%1"

Program Integrity Scan
Missing Program Files(1 Problem)
"C\WIN NT\System32\MAPISRVR.EXE" cannot access a necessary file, "gapi32.dll"

None of the above appears to be presenting a problem in accessing files or using the computer, but I would like to cure the problem without having to re-install everything.
My C Drive contains the Operating Sytem and Application Software, drive all my document files etc.

I would appreciate advice on rectifying the problem, help appreciated - e-mail ke.smith@paradise.net.nz

Jen C
05-08-2003, 09:26 PM
> I recently installed Norton System Works Pro 2003,
> instead of paying another year on Norton Anti-virus
> for updates.

AVG Free edition (http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php)

Jen C
05-08-2003, 09:36 PM
Oops ... I have re-read your post I have realised I have mis-interpreted your comments/intentions - my apologies :8}

Jen C
05-08-2003, 09:50 PM
>Program Integrity Scan
Missing Program Files(1 Problem)
"C\WIN NT\System32\MAPISRVR.EXE" cannot access a necessary file, "gapi32.dll"

This error message according to the Symantec Support site occurs with the 2001/2002 Norton Utilities component, but their comments *may* apply to the 2003 version. You can see here (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nunt.nsf/pfdocs/2000122906113009) their advice. You may wish to search your hard drive for this file, and then just get the One-button check scan to ignore this entry if it is present.

Chilling_Silently
05-08-2003, 09:52 PM
You have mail

BTW - Try not posting your straight address like that.. spam bots may harvest it ;-)