PDA

View Full Version : America's Army game

Mike
05-08-2003, 05:48 PM
I have America's Army 1.7 installed, and I try to connect to a server and I just get the message "User Banned" :(
I now have three accounts with America's Army, and trying to log on with any of them gets the same message. How can I be banned when I'd only just minutes before created those accounts?

I had this problem when I had 1.3 installed. I chatted with one of their live techs and the only thing he could think of was that I needed to upgrade to 1.7. I wasn't gonna download the patches so I waited a while and found a CD with 1.5 on it so tried that... same result. Bought a CD with 1.7 on it and I still get the same one (and I've checked - 1.7 is the latest). While I was chatting with the tech he tried logging in as me and he had no problem (using my login and password). However if I try I'm told I'm banned.

Unfortunately the live tech support is no longer available :( so does anyone here have any suggestions? I tried disabling my firewall (NIS) and that made no difference. I don't know what else to try.

If all that fails, does anybody know how to set up a game server so I can run the game locally? :)

Cheers,

Mike.

godfather
05-08-2003, 05:59 PM
Looking on Google for 30 seconds suggests that they can ban by IP addresses. Given that your IP address on dial-up could have been used by anyone (and everyone) historically, then its a likely cause.

Also would explain someone else able to access OK.

Not a smart way of banning, try disconnecting and reconnecting to see if thats a solution.

Graham L
05-08-2003, 06:31 PM
It's probably because NZ is a rogue state. (We don't do as we're told). So you are a terrorist ,and if you play their game, the American Army might lose. :D

Mike
05-08-2003, 08:31 PM
> Looking on Google for 30 seconds suggests that they
> can ban by IP addresses. Given that your IP address
> on dial-up could have been used by anyone (and
> everyone) historically, then its a likely cause.
>
> Also would explain someone else able to access OK.
>
> Not a smart way of banning, try disconnecting and
> reconnecting to see if thats a solution.

I suspected it could be a result of IP banning, so have tried reconnecting many times, but every time I've tried to connect I get told I'm banned. I'm not that keen on playing online, I just want to give it a go to see whether it's really worthwhile trying to figure out how to get the server going :)

Mike.