PDA

View Full Version : OT looking for stomp music.....

beetle
05-08-2003, 01:06 AM
that sounds really weird, i am in next assignment mode and have to source some music that i can listen to and if needed to copy or get hold of a cd, and someone suggested to me stomp... the band that uses no musical instruments just boots, broom handles and rubbish bins and basically anything that will make music...
and i cant seem to get any music of theirs to listen to off the net can any one suggest a good music site that may have it? as it is just a little out of the ordinary it may be more difficult than at first though..

have only stumbled accross one cd they made called stomp out loud.

will continue my google search, but need to source some different type music for childrens lsitening (not heavey metal) so if you can give me any ideas greatly appreciated.

doesnt matter whether the are mp3/ midi or whatever just need to find some at this stage .... words or just music is fine...
classical, country, sounds, (nature) or cultural anything really...

just my googling needs to be refined, and my brain does not always do well at this bit...

thanxs
beetle

Jester
05-08-2003, 01:13 AM
Beetle, I justlooked on Kazaa and there are at least 30 songs by "stomp", including the whole album (42 megs). Songs' names are like this:

Ripper Sole
Percussions
Basketballs
Out load
Water Pipes
Balloons
Cadence ....

.... you get the idea

I use Kazaa Lite and get most my mp3's that way. Have had no problems with it (or Kazaa full version and Morpheus) for last few years, despite horror stories.

Link is http://www.kazaalite.tk/

J
:D

metla
05-08-2003, 01:32 AM
Not heavy metal you say????

well,there goes all my sugestions right out the window....

beetle
05-08-2003, 01:32 AM
im having trouble with that page / link as IE keeps telling me error and problems with this web page stuff.... i have not used kazaa or kazaa lite before... also telling me no such URL ?

any ideas?

thanxs otherwise J new there would be something out there for it or had it just if i could get it to work....

beetle

beetle
05-08-2003, 01:34 AM
:p sorry metla.... LOL

any other decent ideas?

beetle

Mike
05-08-2003, 09:17 AM
Try http://www.k-lite.tk/ (I think that's what it is).

Mike.

Terry Porritt
05-08-2003, 12:57 PM
:) :) There were quite a few bands in the 1920s that had minimal instruments, and they played things like paper and comb, jugs, penny whistles, 'Swannee Whistles', jews harps, mouth organs, or just simulated instruments with their voices. (The Mills Brothers were good at that a bit later). There were bands like the Dixieland Jug Blowers.
You are obviously too young ( a compliment from a grey beard) to know that the word "stomp" came from the music of the 1920's. There are hundreds of tunes with the word "stomp" in the title.
Jelly Roll Morton and his Red Hot Peppers recorded quite a few.

Freddy Keppard and his Jazz Cardinals recorded "Stomp Off, Let's Go", and they did. :) )

The best site on the internet for any jazz fan is this one.

http://www.redhotjazz.com/bands.html

But then :( :( it may not be your cup of tea, oh dear.

Terry Porritt
05-08-2003, 01:03 PM
Oh, yet anothe snippet, one of the most minimal instruments was "the hot fountain pen", you know one of those things that had ink in it and a nib, :)
It was like a little whistle, the greatest exponent was Adrian Rollini, probably the finest bass saxaphone player of that era.

beetle
05-08-2003, 01:41 PM
thanxs TP i had come across some of that sort of thing in my google search but was more looking into the stomp (crash -bang with non instruments) by this band (?) in the 1990's - 2000 era...
but may have a more detailed look later .... after some more reading and searching on other subjects have been done to..

yes and id be a bit young for that id say, but my brother / sister and parents may know it well?

thanxs

beetle

Graham Petrie
05-08-2003, 01:49 PM
For the Aussie version of Stomp, try Tap Dogs.

There may or may not be more of their content out there.

G P

Winston001
05-08-2003, 02:47 PM
I'm with Metla. Nothing wrong with a bit of hard rock. My children like selected Black Sabbath, Tadpole, the Dudes, Transvision Vamp, Joe Satriani as well as Spice Girls etc. Give it a whirl.

beetle
05-08-2003, 05:04 PM
yeah but this is an assignment and i have to have something to hand in at the end and if it is heavey metal more likely the lecturers will freak out no problem about the kids....

but the lecturers seem a bit conservative.

thanxs otherwise, im not averse to heavey metal just we have been recomended not to use it ......

beetle

beetle
05-08-2003, 11:24 PM
OK people having some problems actually finding something to listen to!
every site i seem to visit is information only, and pics but no sound or music.....
i feel im looking in the wrong places a?

any other suggestions?

beetle

vk_dre
05-08-2003, 11:41 PM
have u tried trade & exchange for the STOMP album?

PoWa
06-08-2003, 12:14 AM
Pillar is my band for the week. Try 'Fireproof', and if you like that download some more :P Awsome rock music.

Gill
06-08-2003, 12:45 AM
I taped it off a TV segment a few years back - might be able to dig it out if you think video tape would be what you want.
Its briliant!

Baldy
06-08-2003, 09:01 AM
> OK people having some problems actually finding
> something to listen to!
> every site i seem to visit is information only, and
> pics but no sound or music.....
> i feel im looking in the wrong places a?
>
> any other suggestions?
>
> beetle

If you want to listen to stomp music, you will have to download Kazaa. My experience of streaming audio on web sites is hohum. The audio quality is usually shite
On Kazaa, there are 443 Stomp files. Have fun

beetle
06-08-2003, 12:16 PM
I dont think you are understanding what i am getting at....

i only want samples of their music............this is for an assignment, and i dont want to download anything as it will all be wiped, when this is going back to techies to get fixed....

i just want a whole of different styles of music snippets to listen to to pick from....

they only have to be about 2mins at most id say...

thank you otherwise, but im not willing to buy something on trade exchange as my budget is not going to reach that far.....

and kazaa is not something i have experience of... why do you have to download it just to listen to something?

ill just go and ask some other people round here i guess too..

i have heard stomp music on TV but that was ages ago and i liked it, but am struggling with time and knowledge of when and where to look..

thanxs guys, dont mean to grumble, just stressed......
and schools tomorow and work is now!

beetle

Baldy
06-08-2003, 07:35 PM
> I dont think you are understanding what i am getting
> at....
>
> i only want samples of their music............this is
> for an assignment,

Thats easy..... Haven't you heard of Google beetle?

Never mind, I did a search for you (that took Google 0.22 secs) and came up with 11,400 pages of stomp music samples. I dare say you will find something there

Baldy
06-08-2003, 07:37 PM
forgot to add, I just typed into Google:

"stomp" music samples

beetle
06-08-2003, 09:13 PM
yes i have done a google ialways do a google, but i cant always access the things i want at moment....
and am not good on the patience or time theme at moment.

B

beetle
07-08-2003, 12:25 AM
:D
just to prove to you i was on Chat tonite with the others and JM and BabeRuth gave me url's for helping to do a good google search so yes im on a win here, all takes practice dont ya think?

and you will have to ask them for details as i have not acquired the knack of doing a url or upload everytime yet...
and chat was very busy with 9 of us there tonite.
beetle

stu140103
07-08-2003, 12:34 PM
> and chat was very busy with 9 of us there tonite.

I counted 10 at one time last night that was including me :)