PDA

View Full Version : Quark ?

beetle
04-08-2003, 11:20 PM
i think this is what its called, this has been explained to me as a top of the line publisher type program with a bit more depth and technical thingys..... ?

had got a guest info book typed up and have since found out its done in quark? and is not compatable with any of our computers or programs?

and now the person who typed it up and organised it is gone out of country non contactable and this is causing a few little problems because we need to change info on it (spelling and phone numbers etc) and have been running around chasing our tails trying to sort out one: the new info to put on it ... which we still have not got and two: can we change the format or options so another computer can open and process it and seems all round nothing is being acheived and we are actually worse off than before, when we hadnt asked for this item to be typed by this oh help ful person's .....

so and ideas. how i can read this on my puter ? as have been told it is an expensive program to purchase....
and not something i would use again either...

and can some one if they know a bit more about it explain what it is to me and any other compatable programs that can open and read it for me?

tearing our hair out down here....

thanxs

beetle

godfather
04-08-2003, 11:51 PM
Also likely that it was done on an Apple PC, which is not compatible with Windows. Apple PCs are widely used in the Graphics area, where they are very good.
Certainly Quark runs on Apple OS, unsure if it has a version for the PC, probably but it will be very expensive.

beetle
05-08-2003, 12:02 AM
:_| and all because they did it on some 20 thousand dollar puter?

i ll stick to my cheapie any day

thank you godfather, was hoping youd be here to answer my question...

i looked it up on the net but it went a bit over my head.

and it is definitely a graphic computer but unsure as to whether it was done on a apple or what, just very large and has all the bells and whistles and a humoungus printer too, scanner and a camera that goes with it worth mega dollars too....

and all the work they did is a waste of time for us....

beetle

linw
05-08-2003, 01:04 AM
I would suggest you ring a graphic/printing company and ask whether they can format change it for you. Tap their knowledge of the business as they will know if it can be done and by whom if they can't do it themselves. Companies in the States do this e.g. http://www.cornermark.com/cmfiles.html.

Good luck.

PeebZ
05-08-2003, 02:01 AM
Isnt Quark Express also for Pc's

you can download the 40 Mg windows trial version from quark (http://www.quark.com/products/xpress/demos.html)

Now im not sure, but if anyone has Adobe Indesign or Pagemaker they may be able to convert this for you..

I recomend though giving one of you local printer companies a call, eg repo graphics and seeing if they can help you out here

Jess

kiwibeat
05-08-2003, 02:10 AM
have it for the PC if you need it