PDA

View Full Version : re-selling cd

csinclair83
31-07-2003, 03:25 PM
i have a cd that i wanna sell on trade me but wanting to make sure its sellable and useable..

it came with my computer, a packard bell one...
so its got their logo on the cd...

its a game called monsters inc scare island...

can i sell this? and will it be useable on other computers?

yingxuan
31-07-2003, 04:12 PM
I think that as long as u sell the cd cheaper than the price u bought it would be ok.I mean im sure people do sell pc world magazines with cd that are cheap.I think as long as your not earning a profile.It would be legal.!!I think it is!!

TerryW
01-08-2003, 09:44 AM
If its branded it is probably part of an oem licensing pack and licensed only for the computer it was sold on...thus I guess meaning you only have a legal right to use it on that pc.

Probably not a useful answer; but I imagine its probably the case.

parry
01-08-2003, 10:42 AM
Terry is probably right, mind you I cant imagine the storm troopers coming in to grab you in the middle of the night because you sold an OEM game.

Just because it came with your computer doesnt mean nobody else can play it so it should be OK for other people to use. You probably wont get much for it though - $20-$30 at best. Good luck.

tango
01-08-2003, 06:21 PM
if you make a copy to sell, it won't have the packard bell logo anymore!

:D

vk_dre
02-08-2003, 12:54 AM
Like the others said, it is part of the OEM system that u purchased but if u want u can sell it and i suspect that the u'll probably get around $10 for it cos i dont think there will be much demand for it.

cheers,
v.K