PDA

View Full Version : Turntable Software

vk_dre
26-07-2003, 12:32 AM
Are there any programs that can recreate the effects of a turntable i.e. it does it on the computer digitally and on mp3 tracks rather than on the actual lp discs on turntables? I want to remix my collection of mp3 and do some stuff to them. Thanks in advance.

cheers,
v.K

vk_dre
26-07-2003, 12:42 AM
i searched the net but all i can find is ads for actual turntables that are like $20,000. So i'm guessing that digital versions dont exit. If thats so then how do they make remixes on cd in recording studious? They must have a digital version of the turntable. Anyways i'm goin to hit the sack g'nite to every one on pressf1 2nite.

cheers,
v.K

DangerousDave
26-07-2003, 12:43 AM
Hmmm now there's this program that you can use mp3's on your computer, then u plug a cable into your mixer and you can use lp's to scratch your mp3's. But it does cost like $2500 or something crazy like that. Would be worth it if u were really really into DJ'ing

From what i've seen the programs available arn't very good. I have a few mates that do alot of DJ'ing and they had some software for using CD's and it would do a quick rip so you could do cross fades and stuff. You could make scratching noises but from what i remember it sounds el crapo but you could try 'Ots CD Scratch' it may do mp3's i can't remember...

- David
p.s. lol i was quite interested in making an effects program for my mate using eax, lol c++ and eax and be heaps of fun ;) anyways it sounded like crapola :D

vk_dre
26-07-2003, 12:45 AM
thanks for ur reply DangerousDave, i'm too tired to read tonite so i'll read it 2moro. Thanks again.

cheers,
v.K

Odin
26-07-2003, 12:53 AM
Winamp has some DJ plugins in for just that purpose (winamp 2 that is) go to their site and search the effects plugins.

hamstar
26-07-2003, 03:51 PM
You could use free download of fruity loops. It's basically a beat layer. Free demo from their site www.fruityloops.com or if you have kazaa...;\
I think its only bout a hundred bucks though.

somebody
26-07-2003, 03:57 PM
I had a program a while ago called OtisCDScratch, which basically replicates a turntable, but with your computer's CD ROM drive. I think it could do it to MP3/WAV files as well, but I can't remember exactly.

vk_dre
26-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Thanks to every one who replied, i will try out all of your suggestions. Thanks again.

cheers,
v.K