PDA

View Full Version : Excel only prints to a file??

Fatcam
22-07-2003, 12:56 AM
Hi Everybody

I have a OKI colour laser printer which had been working fine on our network. But when I go to print any file in Microsoft Excel, it always wants to Print to a File. It happens everytime I try to print something in Excel. The 'print to file' checkbox is unchecked and I can not find any other settings that are making this occur.
Just wondering if anyone has come across something like this before and any ideas on how to sort it out will be greatly appreciated.
cheers
cam

leshibbard
22-07-2003, 12:40 PM
How many printers' on the network?.

Have you tried printing to a file and bringing it back to see what printer it's selecting.

Les 3

Print a workbook to a file

If you print a workbook to a file so that you can later print the file on a different type of printer than the one used to create the document, the page breaks and font spacing may change.

1 On the File menu, click Print.

Show me

2 In the Printer box, click the printer on which you want to print the file.
3 Select the Print to file check box, and then click OK.
4 In the File name box in the Print to file dialog box, type a name for the file you want to print.

Link to the Web or other sources

Susan B
22-07-2003, 04:34 PM
Might be way off the mark here, but have you tried looking in the printer's properties as well as Excel's printer properties settings? Sometimes both have to be synchronised in some programs.

Graham L
22-07-2003, 04:42 PM
The OS's Printer settings are what matter. If the default one isn't "there", (for any reason -- a network one not available?) any programme will probably automatically switch to "print to file". That's to help you. :D

Do some testing fronm the OS level. If you can print there, Excel should be able to print to ther same printer.