PDA

View Full Version : MoZilla

ntddevsys
21-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Whats peoples thoughts on Mozilla 1.4 and Mozilla Firebird ?

-=JM=-
21-07-2003, 07:44 PM
I use both of them and find them both great. Firebird is the nicer browser though Mozilla has a nice email client and some other nice features as well.

bmason
21-07-2003, 08:26 PM
I have both. Moz 1.4 is nice & has fixed a couple of small but anoying bugs in 1.3.

Have used firebird a bit but I don't really see anything better about it compared to mozilla. It actually seems slower. Might try again when it hits 1.0.

Susan B
21-07-2003, 08:55 PM
Have not used Mozilla 1.4 but I switched from Opera to Firebird not long ago and love it. Especially with some of the plug-in extensions that enhance its features significantly.

The Bookmarks manager is the best in my opinion. Can also get different skins and customise them to maximise screen real estate which is another big bonus.

Go for it. :-)

ntddevsys
21-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Thanks,
I've been testing Mozilla for a while now, but it's not quite polished enough for me to roll it out on all my computers. I now use it for Surfing the Internet, but that is all. I still use Outlook Express for Email.

A better download manager and mail client would help. Love the Tabbed Browsing.

The good thing is these viable alternatives to Microsoft's Offering might just give Microsoft a good kick up the backside to fix and improve there offerings.

I like the enhanced security of Mozilla (privacy is good for the parinod) but seeing everyone else is running and serving off the Microsoft platform, it doesn't do much to help secure online transations etc

Is Mozilla Mail Suspetible to any of the Virus's that affect Microsoft Bound Email Clients ?

Jen C
21-07-2003, 10:51 PM
I did try Mozilla for a while, then Opera and now finally Mozilla Firebird. Mozilla Firebird in my opinion seems to be a lot more polished and very easily configurable via the extensions you can download. It is my default browser both on XP and Redhat 9 - in fact I have them both skinned and setup identically on both OS's, a bit sad really :D

I like the fact that Mozilla Firebird does not have a built in email client unlike Mozilla, as I like to keep browser and email client separate. I have been using Thunderbird (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/index.html) as my email client and it is not too bad.

Chilling_Silently
21-07-2003, 11:00 PM
Im agreeing with MozillaFirebird here..
It is a good app... certainly not slower on my PC??

Pop-up Stopper is absolutely brilliant!

Nice, clean surfing.. and well.. they've already sung a ton of praises for it!

I would highly recommend it, only down-side being there is no un-installer.. Not to worry though, simply remove the folder you installed it too, and that's it :-)