PDA

View Full Version : "snaffling" icons

amyes5
21-07-2003, 03:45 PM
Some icons in various programs often appeal to me & I would like to keep them for "re use" on my Desktop. Is there a type of harvester program I can use to collect & store them?If not whats the easiest way to grab them.I already have plenty of the free ones available from variuos sites

Jen C
21-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Depending upon what operating system you have, there are plenty of icons stashed in several files that you can use.

Have a look in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\shell32.dll and also Pifmgr.dll. You can also search your computer using using a icon wildcard search. Open up Search and type in *.ico. This will find any icon from installed programs that you can also use.

To replace an desktop icon, right click it and select properties. Look for a change icon button and then browse to where the icon lives and select it.

There are also programs available which allow you to create your own icons. Have a search around tucows etc.

Susan B
21-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Also in Windows 98 and XP is the icon folder moricons.dll. Do a search for it first to locate it then browse for it when you are in a shortcut's Properties box.