PDA

View Full Version : Digital cameras

alcarter
20-07-2003, 12:56 PM
i have recently purchased a Panasonic Lumix digital stills camera,. My XP home edition will not pick up or recognise the new hardware at all. have tried the wizards and manually searching the web for drivers but no luck. any help appreciated.
cheers

Billy T
20-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Hi Al

What about trying the software that came with the camera?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Billy T
20-07-2003, 02:47 PM
The camera has a USB connection, and after loading the supplied software, the PC will recognise it and you will be able to download images.

Here's what I mean.

Photo Editing Software Included

The photo editing software included lets you turn your home computer into a virtual photo studio:

ArcSoft PhotoBase: Transfer images from an SD Memory Card to a PC and display them in a list.

ArcSoft PhotoImpression: Adjust colors and process images to create calendars, cards, etc.

ArcSoft Panorama Maker: Merge separate photos to create a single image.

ArcSoft PhotoPrinter Pro: Select numerous photos to print together as one group.

SD Viewer for DSC: Makes it easy to check image data on an SD Memory Card. Use it to create slide shows and save them on an SD Memory Card

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

promethius
20-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Hi Billy T,

I have a Panasonic Lumix Digital Still Camera (model no. DCM-LC20A) using Win XP home. It didn't come with any editing software I didn't install the drivers that came with it as Windows just recognised it as a usb drive and away I went. No problems so far?

Billy T
20-07-2003, 04:29 PM
That's odd Promethius, as the camera is supposed to come with a software package and every digital I have bought has come with a set of software tools. However, I think the key thing here is that your camera still came with software.

I don't think the camera needs drivers as such, but the computer may need something to help it recognise the camera. Alternatively, perhaps Al should look for the camera in explorer as I agree that it should show as another drive.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

JohnD
20-07-2003, 07:43 PM
As I understand it, Windows 98SE, ME, 2K , XP and Linux with kernel 2.4 should detect USB cameras as USB block devices - no driver necessary. Same as USB pen drives.