PDA

View Full Version : OT - Bali

Heather P
19-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Very OT and not in the slightest computer related - have only used a couple of (extremely slow) Internet cafes in 2 weeks to check on the kids.

We've just returned from a 2 week motorcycle tour of Bali and had an absolutely fantastic time!

If anyone has thought about a trip over there but been put off by terrorist activities then it's a great shame. The Island is it's usual friendly self and the Balinese are desperate for tourists to help their economic recovery.

The hotels and restaurants were rapt that a party of 27 came to visit and went all out to make our stay a great experience. A constant "Thank you for your faith in Bali" and continual reassurance that the Balinese were absolutely devasted that the attack happened there and that they are doing all they can to prevent a recurrence.

caffy
19-07-2003, 05:38 PM
I have been told to visit Bali, by my friend who stopped there before coming to NZ for GAP year. He loved Bali, the beaches, the food etc.

Will probably end up visiting one day :) the terrorist risk doesn't really worry me - I've often visited South Africa, and everyone perceives South Africa to be a highly dangerous country - it isn't THAT dangerous. Just steer clear of troublesome areas...