PDA

View Full Version : standalone slideshows

csinclair83
19-07-2003, 05:40 PM
i wanna make a slide show, that means any computer can access it from cd, or email...without having to download anything to run it..or install anything to run it...and be able to access it on win98 and winxp

is there any programs i can use to do this or anything within officexp that i can use to do this...

i wanna use music, background images, and photos on the background images, and text...but background images arent really needed if it cant be done...

Southern_Man
19-07-2003, 06:05 PM
I doubt it very much. With all the tings you expect, you will need to possibly buy a software package

csinclair83
19-07-2003, 08:05 PM
oh ok, what software could possibly do this, as i mite have someone who can lend me one..just dont wanna go asking around when i dont know what i am after...
unless there is actually something downloadable..

zip1nz
19-07-2003, 08:11 PM
try neoshow might not work in xp, bit old but it does work even with no os

tommy
19-07-2003, 08:28 PM
I was reading just this week about a program by Microsoft to run in Windows XP that does something similar to what you have described. Unfortunately I do not remember where I read about it. Maybe you could try looking around Microsoft's website for it?

csinclair83
19-07-2003, 08:33 PM
i think u maybe be talking about microsoft producer...
its verrrrrry complicated for me, the help doesnt really "help"
typical of microsoft really..

tommy
19-07-2003, 08:36 PM
I think the Slideshow Generator and CD Slide Show Generator in the new Windows XP PowerToys was the one but it does not appear to allow music and text. Have a look at this page (http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/windowsxp_pt.asp) for more information.

stu140103
19-07-2003, 08:55 PM
> i wanna make a slide show, that means any computer
> can access it from cd, or email...without having to
> download anything to run it..or install anything to
> run it...and be able to access it on win98 and winxp
>
> is there any programs i can use to do this or
> anything within officexp that i can use to do
> this...
>
> i wanna use music, background images, and photos on
> the background images, and text...but background
> images arent really needed if it cant be done...

Hello csinclair83

You can make your sideshow with Microsoft PowerPoint it is very easy to use & you get good results!

The only thing is that you need Microsoft PowerPoint on the computer that it will be play on (I think), They might be an away you can do it, but I am not 100% sure.

Sorry I could be much help

Pheonix
19-07-2003, 09:08 PM
Had a search around and found something that sounds encouraging here (http://www.webattack.com/freeware/gmm/fwmmcompiler.shtml) called AlbumDIY.
It can be compiled as an exe file, which makes it self-supporting.

Elephant
19-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Powerpoint will do the job and you won't need powerpoint on the computer that runs the slideshow.

You create the slideshow using powerpoint and when saving you ask to "Pack and go"

Save the whole lot to a CD with an Autorun.inf

csinclair83
19-07-2003, 09:14 PM
ok..
will download albumdiy... (thanks for searching and finding it phoe)
give that a go..
if its not to my liking...
i'll go with powerpoint since i know how to use that..
thanks for ya help..
will be back if i need more help etc :-)