PDA

View Full Version : windows me

iron-zeus
19-07-2003, 11:05 AM
Hi
Can anyone help, when i open a folder and look in the bottom corner it might say i have 40 objects in the folder, But when i right click and choose properties it might say i have 50 files in the folder?? I have enabled viewing of hidden folders but there are still only forty ?? It does this on many of my folders, Why the discrepancy? I don't have any viruses.

Chilling_Silently
19-07-2003, 11:08 AM
Is that system files you've enabled for viewing as well?

Does that include Folders in that forty/fifty?!

tommy
19-07-2003, 11:21 AM
It is only counting the number of folders and files within that folder, not within the sub-folders. If you wish to see the entire contents of a folder, including the contents of its sub-folders go to the Properties and it will tell you in there.

iron-zeus
19-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Hi, i see what you mean, But its not that, Say if i go to My Documents/My music/ and highlight that folder it will say i have 100 objects in folder, there are no sub folders in it, only mp3s, But when i open the folder, and right click and select propertys, it will day there are 112 files in it?? It does this on most folders,

iron-zeus
19-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Hi, It only seems to do it on folders in.. MY DOCUMENTS, How do i enable viewing of system files? Then i could see if that's where the discrepancy lies, maybe there are hidden system files in them?

Pheonix
19-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Open a folder and go Tools-folder options-view and untick the "hide files and folders" box.

iron-zeus
19-07-2003, 06:22 PM
;) tried that , It doesn't produce any more files or folders