PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot - should I switch?

nomad
18-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Hiya

Slingshot looks tempting at $16 odd a month for flatrate.

I am currently with Clear 150hrs ($15) with no issues at all. I am in Wellington.

So the question is should I get them? I can switch the Clear 150hr back to usage and under settings I can forward my Clear emails to my Slingshot email account. The good thing is when I did it at the past (not with Slingshot but another account), when I received my emails from the X email account it still said received from "my Clear account".

N.

csinclair83
18-07-2003, 06:57 PM
u have to check...as i remember once they advertised a price, but it only if u paid by credit card or cheque..wasnt sure...
so check on that...
also..sign up fee????
and do u use almost 150 hours..or KNOW u would use more than 150 hours if u could...

otherwise..go for it..if i was down there, and can pay any method..then i would :D

nomad
18-07-2003, 09:24 PM
no sign up fee. its 3 months in adv. could be others .. not so sure right now...

150hrs? i call them up for a update of balance each week now!!
last month i did 8hrs over and that is $2.50 per hr over :( :_|

csinclair83
18-07-2003, 09:28 PM
*$16.95 is a discounted price for Credit Card and Direct Debit accounts only. Cheque payments have a premium charge of $17.95 per month. Charges are made three monthly and three months in advance.

thats at the bottom of the promotional page...
for the full details it is here...
http://www.slingshot.co.nz/Services/

direct debit is when they take out how much they need to take out..but yes gives u 10-14 days in advance notice...but if ur on cheque..only another dollar..so doesnt really break the bank

kiwibeat
19-07-2003, 01:23 AM
works well for me in wgtn nice and cheap no limits is good

nomad
19-07-2003, 08:26 PM
I am in Wellington too. How is the surf speed? How is the download speed? Can u compare it to anyother ISPs u have used in the past?

Cheers in adv
Nomad.