PDA

View Full Version : AdAware Update+ an Upgrade!

Kiwitas
16-07-2003, 09:33 PM
Hi to all AdAware users,

Lavasoft has the latest updates of bot definition files,1R201(16-07-2003)
for you to download but these files are for the latest AdAware6 build 181
Please read,

>"Important Note About Future Updates to the Reference File

Now that Ad-aware includes SmartScan, there have been some changes to the way the reference file is built. The newly designed reference file works hand in hand with the latest version of Ad-aware to bring you the new innovations described above.

Ad-aware 6.0 builds 162 and prior are not able to understand these these new reference files to their full potential. While the reference file has been written to be 'backwards compatible' with build 162 during the introduction of these new enhancements, future updates will now be fully designed to work with build 181, and will not be 'backwards compatible' with builds 162 and prior. Therefore, upcoming reference files updates will only be available for the new version of Ad-aware. Previous versions will not see updates to their reference files.

By the way, these extra additions have been incorporated into the reference file for some time. They’ve just been unused until this new version, which means the moment you download Ad-aware 6 Build 181, you’ll IMMEDIATELY be able to take advantage of the new reference file’s enhancements!

Thank you for your continued support of Ad-aware! We hope this new version excites you as much as it does us!

Cheers,Kiwitas,;-)

tweak\'e
16-07-2003, 11:39 PM
don't forget to uninstall the old adaware before installing new ver

Kiwitas
17-07-2003, 12:04 AM
Hi tweak'e,

> don't forget to uninstall the old adaware before
> installing new ver

I did un-install the old version before I even downloaded the latest,
and when I installed new,it still showed the number of scans and the
number of bots it had found in previous use?

Must be psychic?LOL,;-)

Cheers,Kiwitas,;-)

Thomas
17-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Cant be to sychic,I just downloaded new whatever and no mention of update?

tweak\'e
17-07-2003, 12:02 PM
>Must be psychic?LOL,

nah......the log isn't deleted when you uninstall the old one thats all.

btw when you download the new ver it has the new ref file in it so the update won't find a new update. having just said that there is a new update out this morning. it may take a while before its advailable through the updater.

KiwiTT
17-07-2003, 01:38 PM
Which is better: SpyBot or AdAware ?:|

Thomas
17-07-2003, 01:43 PM
Get both,the answer is debateable.

KiwiTT
17-07-2003, 01:51 PM
Will do. Thanks :)