PDA

View Full Version : PC Died

maximus
15-07-2003, 12:31 PM
HP8316 out of warrenty was going fine then shut down and transported to Hamilton and back now on startup only the fan goes. (no beeps etc)

Its in pretty bad condition dust wise where can I get a replacement power supply HP Pavilion 8316

Base processor
350 MHz Intel Pentium (R) II microprocessor

Chipset
Intel 440BX
Memory

Standard:
48 MB (SDRAM)

Maximum:
384 MB

Speed:
100 MHz/10 ns SDRAM only

Sockets:
3 - 168 pin

Size:
16, 32, 64, or 128 MB DIMMs

Type Supported:
Intel 1.0 compliant

Basically not alot of info on the site, or is there a cheap place to drop in and get repaired

Pheonix
15-07-2003, 12:42 PM
As for cheap repair places, might me nice if you hint where you are? Just know you have been to Hamilton and back :)

tweak\'e
15-07-2003, 12:44 PM
i would check you have all the plugs in the right place and also check no cards/cables have come loose inside the pc.

seeing as the fan goes it sounds like the psu is working. i take it you are not getting any pics, is the monitor trying to turn on?

maximus
15-07-2003, 12:48 PM
Back in Auckland

Went over cables etc, however the fans (PSU and auxiliary) only get powered up. There is no drive power or even cd rom power (doesn't open). I tried an alternative CPU as well still no go

Its a PII 350, will go over it again and check connections, its pretty bad condition as was acting as a server in a black dusty place

Patryn999
15-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Try to get hold of another PSU (might be easier to borrow from some1) and see if that is at fault cause the CDROM should work because its only relying on the PSU for operatablity (if thats a work :D).

If there is black stuff on the connecitons try scraping it off and see if the CDrom works/opens again.

Cheers Patryn