PDA

View Full Version : Email....

csinclair83
11-07-2003, 12:56 PM
i get 4-5 emails daily, sometimes less sometimes more
from someone called "aliborland" and the date is varied but started with 1st jan 1970...and now its up to march 1970...
i know its a virus probably so i dont even open them..but how can i email the websever etc whoever is the email host...like hotmail or xtra if its them....coz if i open email i could expose myself to a virus...

Mike
11-07-2003, 01:56 PM
What email program are you using? Some of them allow you to view email headers to get ISP details etc. from without actually opening the email - I think both Outlook and Outlook Express do this, but I can't check just now. If nobody has told you how by tonight I'll try to get back and check it up when I get home.

Mike.

KiwiTT
11-07-2003, 02:02 PM
It is SPAM. Do not reply, simply delete.

SPAM is inherently difficult to trace. Replying only helps to verfiy you address and your name will be passed on to many more.

You can configure a rule to simply delete all email from this addess. Or use the blocked senders function in outlook express to delete them.

abjp
11-07-2003, 03:54 PM
I sugest you get a program such as Mailwasher (free on PC world disc).
This enables you to sort out the rubbish before downloading it and putting in a block to automatically block it or similar in future.

Never accept an invitation to E-mail sender to stop as this is a device to check to see if they have the right address and it is then onsold to numerous other sites thus multiplying the problem.