PDA

View Full Version : Getting music into one place...

amazon
10-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Hi there, I am fairly new to computing, and I have downloaded about 28 songs off kazaalite. The BIG problem is I have been trying to get them all into one place, as I have Winamp..I have some in Mydocuments, My briefcase, and my shared files.....I even downloaded Kazaalite again in the hope they would all go into my shared files.
Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong, when i try to get them all into the same place (Winamp), they won't go there..is there any programes for retards like myself which will find and file them somewhere that they are all together and I can burn them onto CD? Thank you for your help...at the moment I feel my only option is to delete them all, reinstall kazaalite and start all over. X-(

parry
10-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Hi, its hard to understand (4 me anyway) exactly whats wrong. If you cant find the files, select Start-Find Files or Folders and enter *.mp3 in the search for field. This will tell you where all your MP3's are. You can move the files to one folder if you wish.

Winamp, Windows Media Player etc are just programs that can run the mp3 files from whatever location they happen to be in. You dont need to have them all in the same folder. With burning, you dont need them all together either.

You can also create playlists that will gather songs and play them as a group.

hth
Parry

Greg S
10-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Go Start | Search | For Files or Folders, and type in *.mp3 - this will bring up all your mp3's - highlight the first one, hold the Shift key, scroll down to the last one and highlight it too - that will select the lot. Then right-click, click on Send to... and you should have the option to move them all to somewhere like My Documents. From there, in Windows Explorer you can simply move them to the folder of your choice.

You don't mention which Operating System you're running, but a similar process will apply whichever version of Win you're running.

metla
10-07-2003, 04:34 PM
Think he/her doesn't know how to cut and paste?

kirrie kiwi
11-07-2003, 06:46 AM
Create a new folder, then when you find your files,right click on them and a dialog box should apear,from the options choose move this file then another dialogbox will apear with all your folders listed ,click on the one you want to keep your files in.

Lets know how you go KK.

Robby
11-07-2003, 10:01 AM
Gidday,

No need to delete them amazon, create a new folder, (your help system will show you how to do this) Drop and drag all your songs to the folder.

Open kazzalite, click options, then kaazalite options, then traffic.
in the 'folder for download' panel will have an 'address' showing where kazaalite is downloading to. Click the button to the right of the panel, and browse to the new folder you have created.

whenever you use kazzalite, it will download to this folder.

Open media player, click tools, options, and the 'media library' tab
click the moniter folder button and add your new folder to it.

media player will now add any songs to its library for playing.

good luck,

Robby