PDA

View Full Version : hello to everyone

movienut
09-07-2003, 11:23 PM
just saying hi, i just joined tonight, what an interesting site...cool.
cheers
Paul Clareburt.

Scouse
09-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Hi Paul
Welcome. Site becomes adictive though.

beetle
09-07-2003, 11:45 PM
thats an understatement Scouse it becomes home or 2nd home or even better Family.!!!!!
:D

Welcome to the PF1 playground Paul, all friends welcome to learn (and play.)

or help in some cases.

beetle

J ZEP
09-07-2003, 11:58 PM
:-) Hi & welcome Paul :-)
Hope you enjoy sharing your knowledge with us here ;-) & you might even learn a tip or two off some of our pros ;-)

"Welcome" to PressF1

Winston001
09-07-2003, 11:58 PM
For an interesting introduction to the many members have a look at Beetles excellent thread of the last few days

"What do you do.."

Cheers and Welcome

Winston

beetle
10-07-2003, 12:11 AM
oh shucks!!!! :8}

beetle

movienut
10-07-2003, 10:18 PM
winston, you asked what i do?
well, at the mo i am employed as a labour only carpenter.
i repair and build pc's at home.
my true love is the pc industry, i have a dip in computing level 5,
and dip in sound engineering.
i am thinking of taking my computer studies further, so i can give up the building industry for good one day......never to late to start eh?
Paul. :D

Jessy-Lee
13-07-2003, 12:03 PM
Hi, got given this site by my sisiter last night, but it was down.I got on this morning & hav'nt left. COOL AS!!

movienut, maybe you can help me with this laptop? I was playing with a friends laptop, I shut it down, then turned it on an hour later.

0977286 kb ok
El 301
Invalid system disk
replace the disk & push any key.

IBM Thinkpad 560x

J ZEP
13-07-2003, 01:03 PM
> Hi, got given this site by my sisiter last night, but
> it was down.I got on this morning & hav'nt left. COOL
> AS!!

Hi Jesse-Lee, and "Welcome to Press F1".
Pleased to hear you like F1 :-).
Re your computer problem, i would recommend you start your own Post/thread (Post New Topic), as you will get alot more feedback that way, as your question/prob. may be overlooked in this thread.
Include your Operating system and as many computer specs as you know as this will help would be helpers (and there are alot of those here) also include the details you included here. And that should get you on the way to some feedback i am sure.
Goodluck & welcome :-)

J ZEP
13-07-2003, 01:16 PM
:8} :8} :8} :8} Sorry Jesse-Lee :8}, just spotted your 8am Post, about 14 posts down, i presumed that this was your first post being clocked in at 11am. And you have to allow for all this reading i have to do to catch up after F1 being down yesterday :D ;-).
:8}
Hope you get it sorted before the owner picks it up ;-)

Billy T
13-07-2003, 02:07 PM
Jesse-Lee

Did you leave a floppy in the FDD by any chance? If so, remove and reboot.

Otherwise, define "playing with" so that we can get a handle on what you might have done to it.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Jessy-Lee
13-07-2003, 11:15 PM
No, It had no FDD, well I could'nt find one. I took out the PC cards, Tried reboot but nothing seemed to work.

I was playing callapes on line with 7 others, after the game I logged off, then shut down.

Turned off the laptop, unpluged, then took it back into the lounge. About an hour later I turned it back on & nothing happened, just that message on the screen.

The laptops gone home, & she does'nt know the problem either. She's had it a month.