PDA

View Full Version : Finding a History File

Dann
09-07-2003, 01:56 PM
My computer runs Seti@home. On changing my e-mail address recently,I obviously screwed up & lost my account & totals. I run XP Pro.& notice when I am on the Seti site that previous email address entries I have made show in the browser like selection panel. Unfortunately I had made too many attempted fixes to see the original. Is there a file somewhere I can get at to see the original entry.

Jim B
09-07-2003, 03:15 PM
All data is in a folder called Seti@home data

If you remove the item called user.sah to somewhere else and restart Seti it will ask for you to login with a new email address or an existing one.
If you login with the address you want the data for it should bring up the usage, you have to be connected with your modem of course to get the data from the Seti site.

Jim B
09-07-2003, 03:25 PM
That file may not be in the folder on your system but you can do a search for user.sah or user_info.sah

Dann
10-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Was able to find data by downloading a free program from http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/indexdat.html. This recovered all the browser history & enabled me to see what I had lost. Great stuff