PDA

View Full Version : GTA VICE CITY HELICOPTERS CONTROL

attaboy999
08-07-2003, 10:15 PM
I'M HAVING A LOT OF TROUBLE WITH THE GTA VICE CITY HELICOPTER CONTROLS.

I COULD GO SIDE WAYS AND TURN BUT THAT'S A VERY SLOW AND NOT ACCURATE WAY TO GET AROUND THE PLACE. ESPECIALLY IN TIMED MISSIONS WHERE U GOT TO USE HELICOPTERS, IF THERE ARE ANY.

IS ANY WAY TO GO STRAIGHT IN A HELI, I KNOW THAT U COULD PRESS 9 ON THE NUMPAD TO DIVE THAT PULL UP AND THAT ACTUALLY MAKE U GO FORWARD QUITE A LOT BUT STILL IS THERE ANYWAY TO GO STRAIGHT WITHOUT HAVING TO DIVE THEN PULL UP AGAIN.

BECAUSE WHEN I SEE HELIS FLYING IN THE SKY ( NOT BY ME ), THEY ACTUALLY GO STRAIGHT.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

PS: I POSTED ANOTHER ONE BEFORE AND THE REASON I POSTED THIS ONE IS BECAUSE I DON'T THINK I'VE PUT ENOUGHT DETAIL ON MY OTHER ONE, SO IGNORE THAT ONE IF U SEE IT

stu140103
08-07-2003, 10:31 PM
You need to rewrite this post, because in Caps look means that you are YELLING! :)

attaboy999
09-07-2003, 01:10 PM
but i'm not yelling at all, u could see from the politeness.

i just didn't realise i had caps lock on until i finished writing it.

exLL
09-07-2003, 08:55 PM
Here is a web address that gives a lot of information about how helicopters fly. It is from Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and goes into quite a lot of detail. I know that it is not what you want for the game you are learning but you may pick up a few hints as to how to use the controls you have available.

click here (http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/fs98_articles_hal_helicopter.asp)

Cheers :)

Craigb
09-07-2003, 09:26 PM
Hi there
What sort of joystick are you using. If you aren't using one, then I suggest you get one that has 4 axis control. The throttle control (on Flight Sim 2002 at least) controls the collective (up and down control) and the twist controls the tail rotor (keeps it straight). Trying to fly a helicopter using buttons only is doomed to failure as there are too many things that need to be kept in control at once. I have even tried with a 2 axis joystick and there is no way you can keep control when taking off and (most importantly) landing and hovering.

Hope this helps.

Craigb.