PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitors?

yogesh
08-07-2003, 07:01 PM
Hey, I have just recently purchased a new graphics card which enables dual monitors. Instead of chucking out my old 15incher I want to run dual monitors with my 19inch. My question is whether you can change the refresh rate on one monitor (the 15 inch as it is an oldie) but not have to change the other monitors refresh rate. I was also wondering how many people out there run dual monitors and whether they find it useful for programs like photoshop.

Cheers

-=JM=-
08-07-2003, 07:37 PM
You should be able to do what you're wanting just fine. Different resolutions and refresh rates on each screen.

I don't run dual monitors. But as soon as I have more deskspace and a second monitor I will be :D

Stumped Badly
08-07-2003, 07:55 PM
I've been running a dual monitor setup for a couple of years & it's great.
19' & 17" Viewsonics.
Rates right up there with the optical mouse (how did I ever get alomg without it!)
Running on a Matrox dualhead & no problems setting different resolutions etc.
I do a lot of Photoshop work & it's great for that.
Great for webwork, working with Dreamweaver on one & the browser open on the other to see what changes look like.
Also great for surfing on one while working on the other, no swapping back & forth all the time.
Learning VB.NET at the moment & I watch my training videos on one while following along in VB on the other, fantastic.

demonmors
09-07-2003, 11:02 AM
Hi there, I have been running dual monitors at work for months and find it saves me a lot of time. Im constantly doing quotes for clients and its great being able to have my suppliers website open in one monitor and the quote im workin on in the other. Also good for doing photo editing as you can have one window with all your tool bars and the other purely for your open project.

Rank32
09-07-2003, 08:46 PM
I use dual 19" monitors at work (triple monitors would be better, then the CS crosshair wouldn't be in such a crap place) and windows has pretty good config/settings for people using multiple monitors.

And there are always third party solutions.. Like, UltraMon, but it's not free - I used it until the 30 days expired. It was good, had a pile of 'wicked' hotkey stuff in it.

Now I'm just stuck with two monitors and whatever Windows allows me to do.. Still, it works for me.. (yeah except in CS)

sc0ut
09-07-2003, 08:51 PM
there is no dule monitor support for CS
try 1942, and rank i think on that carp PC you'd get about 2FPS
rank if you want to play CS play on my PC

Rank32
09-07-2003, 08:55 PM
I only know what I saw..

BF1942 on my PC..? - Hahahahahahahahahaha!!

*sigh*

Chilling_Silently
10-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Win32 OS's cannot spilt D3D/OpenGL or similarly run apps like that.

AFAIK, Linux can (Im sure Ive read it in the Linux Documentation), but I know that doze cannot!

One (The primary monitor usually) shows the game in D3D, the other shows your desktop/whatever else was open, and it just sits there :-)