PDA

View Full Version : Office XP

jackyht
08-07-2003, 12:48 AM
Hi guys

You know when we open the front page that shows 3 column, (the calendar (task that need to do during the week), task, and email received)

i am only wondering on the 2nd column, which shows the task... if i put a task that due on the 9 July 2003 as a example, but when i go back to the main page (where it shows 3 column).... y the task will shows 1 day earlier (8 July 2003) instead of the orginal date set. So how should I bring back to the orginal date???

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
Jacky

Jen C
08-07-2003, 11:56 AM
Something you can check out is what time zone(s) Outlook is set to:

In Outlook go to Tools > Options > Preferences tab > Calender Options > Time Zone.

See whether you have an additional time zone selected.

The current time zone selected also reflects the time zone used for the whole OS so make sure that is set correctly.

jackyht
08-07-2003, 05:26 PM
Hi Jen

Thanks for the reply

I have checked the thing that u have told me, my regional setting under Windows XP and Office XP are all set in New Zealand....

so, i don't know wot went wrong then??? anymore suggestion?

Thanks
jacky

Graham L
08-07-2003, 05:39 PM
The regional settings are just the formats for dates, money, numbers. The critical thing might be the TimeZone. Remember, at noon here today, it's midnight of yesterday in London. :D But it's still confusing ... what is today in one part of a programme should be consistent and still today in another part of the same programme. ?:|

jackyht
08-07-2003, 06:32 PM
All right guys

Maybe I will re-word those sentences again

I have this Office XP.... when I am using Microsoft Outlook i have this problem...

When i put a task on (For eg. Do WOF on the 8 July 2003 as a Due date). When I press outlook today icon on the left hand side, it will shows up 3 column, (1st column, all the appointment that I need to do for this week, 2nd column, task, and the last column is the email received).

So on the second column on that outlook today, it is task, on the above paragrah, i put 8 July 2003 as a due date, how come it didn't state as 8 July 2003, it put as 7 July 2003. but when i click into that task, it still say 8 July 2003....

so wot should i do... yes the time zone that i got is all New Zealand setting

hv anyone experience that before? any suggestion will be appreciated

Thanks
jacky