PDA

View Full Version : admin password wanted for chkdsk, and im stuck now?

beetle
02-07-2003, 10:07 PM
ok got as far as changing to cd rom for boot up and all going smooth till

press any key to boot cd rom
screen blue loads files etc.....
then type R for repair (ok) enter
then screen asks windows installation to select 1 enter
and then comes up administrator password ?

tried mine but it rejects them so what now?
am i missing something?

help

beetle

vk_dre
02-07-2003, 11:25 PM
why dont u download those admin password crack programs off the net. It's illegal, but u can justify ur reason for using it.:D U could try those benchmarking programs that list all the deatails of a computer.

cheers,
v.K

Murray P
02-07-2003, 11:33 PM
Just a wild guess here bettle. did you receive a password to use with the PC, when you first got it, to install software, etc, off the CD's that came with it ie, a CD key that might be written on the rescue disk cover??. Not having used a PC Co comp or XP before I'm reaching abit, don't recall getting that with win2k when doing a repair.

Cheers Murray P

vk_dre
02-07-2003, 11:45 PM
beetle are you using a recovery disk or the actual Windows Xp disc? If u installd win xp on ur comp urself then the admin password was the password u typed in when installaton was almost over. Now, did u isntall it or did someone else?

beetle
03-07-2003, 06:09 PM
ok back to it today and with new instructions it still says invalid password, after three trys it restarts the computer.

and all programs where on the computer, i have not installed any major application programs.

only added virus and spam killer stuff.

any ideas?

co's this is really starting to annoy me,

and i am just playing the waiting game again.

beetle

Pheonix
03-07-2003, 06:17 PM
Probably a bit dumb, but have you tried just enter with no password?

beetle
03-07-2003, 06:20 PM
yes

twinkiewinkie
03-07-2003, 06:36 PM
have you tried ringing Microsoft, or if you computer is under warrantee, the manufacturer???????????????

beetle
03-07-2003, 06:42 PM
as you have not been reading my other threads yes i have been in contact with the manufacturer.

that is how i got as far as i did, just waiting to hear back from them with an fix it or explanation on what to do again.
but thought maybe others with pc company puters or anyone in general may have some ideas what is wrong

thank you

beetle

beetle
15-07-2003, 12:19 PM
update time.

as its been a ghastly week round here all sick, I have not got round to reading up on my last reply from PC co properly.

but the gist of what i get and susan b tells me is ....basically it now tells me to refresh windows?

and if this is not possible i have to send the machine away.
but the have not explained about lack of password or any reason to change tacs on help method. so i am lost

and then if this fails i have to send the puter away to PC co........ :-(

so am just as bad off as ever and still no fixed computer either but then i have no real idea as to what is wrong with it, and i have been using it less this week not had so many noticealbe problems just mainly mouse problems, (lack of homework completed is main time killer on computer, as cant type up something you havent done!)

any ideas?

and i have sent off another email to ask why change in tactics, and also dont have time or enrgy to argue with someone over the phone and that does not mean ill understand any of what they say any better at least by email i can reread something and print it for better understanding.

one sad sick beetle.