PDA

View Full Version : Filling out documents

asdex
30-06-2003, 01:36 PM
Hi, along time ago I remember filling out forms that someone had made up on the computer. When you opened the document a small window opened in which you would type. As you went though the document, the small windows would appear until the spaces in the whole document were filled. It was a bit like a form but with a frontend input window for each field. Does anyone know how this is done? I remember actually creating a document which did this but have forgetton how. My guess its either mail merge, or a visual basic thing but not sure. I have been fiddling with mail merge but haven't had much luck.
Thanks
asdex

parry
30-06-2003, 01:53 PM
Hi, it will probably be a VBA macro but I believe you can also do it another way using bookmarks. I'll have to check my notes back home to see if I can find an easier way than VBA for you.

parry
30-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Aha found it. It's called Fill-in fields and allows the automatic creation of prompt boxes for each field where you want to insert text in the document. Read all about it here (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q142213).

Saves writing code.

hth
Parry

asdex
30-06-2003, 08:38 PM
Thanks, that's great. I will have a read and try it out.
asdex