PDA

View Full Version : s3 trio manufacturer?

Robin S_
29-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Could someone please tell me the name or home page address of the manufacturer of s3 trio video cards. I wish to update a driver for one but don't know the site. A web search brought up s3technologies.com but I was denied access to the page. There is also a s3graphics.com but that doesn't seem to be related.

TIA

bmason
29-06-2003, 09:42 PM
The s3graphics.com was the right place.

sinndisco
29-06-2003, 10:39 PM
I have drivers for Win95, any good to yah?

HadO
29-06-2003, 11:13 PM
The S3 drivers should be built into Windows - well they are on Win2K. I'm pretty sure they changed the company name - I have a S3 ViRGE DX in my P233MMX machine and the driver has a different name and then S3 ViRGE DX/GX in brackets. Maybe Diamond.

Alan Carpenter
30-06-2003, 04:16 PM
Although generic drivers will probably work, your best bet is to find out exactly who manufactured your specific card.

You can do this by removing the card from your machine and locating the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) number on the card. Look for the letters FCC.

You'll find some information here http://freepctech.com/pc/001/fcc_search_engine.shtml

and the actual database site here. http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid

Try a Google search on "FCC lookup" for more information. There's a very good site with some excellent help out there, but alas my memory is frail...

The FCC Lookup is a very useful technique to locate drivers for all kinds of elderly equipment.

Cheers,
Alan Carpenter

Graham L
30-06-2003, 05:35 PM
When you are denied access to a page, that is often because the owner of the site wants you to go in through the front door. :D They have Product Information [advertising] they really want you to see.

Use the site name (up and including the "/") to reach the site, and work down their directory structure. The following directory names you got from the search are often a guide to which buttons/labels to click on. Or use the search facility of the site.