PDA

View Full Version : :_| works error, lost info.

beetle
24-06-2003, 01:09 PM
working on a 2000 word essay and have been delegently saving and then works comes up sorry works has encountered an error, it must close, all unsaved work will be lost.....

my last paragraph has been lost...... can i retreive it or is it gone?
i was saving at the end of every paragraph. and cant remeber any of what i just typed.....

:_|
and another question, having a few hassles with this machine, slow or not responding, could this have been zapped like my other machine?

its deterioating.....

im going to save everything possible NOW!

Please HELP

beetle :_|

beetle
24-06-2003, 01:46 PM
and when i was working in works it was the only thing open and running as i was not on the net......

what is it doing?

another thing : my clock i synchronised it last nite and now its out time wise again....

my mouse does not always respond to clicks and when it does click onscreen takes ages for it to respond, have since given up and go off to do something else and up pops the original screen i first clicked...

and its not because connected to the net as happens just as much when not on net.

this happens to mailwasher, works, OE, IE and any other progs i want to run, mailwasher jams and comes up error timed out and such to.

and of course trillian does not always start when clicked instantly any more.

PC comp puter,
XP home,

Graham L
24-06-2003, 02:08 PM
I hate to say this, but you might have caught a social disease. :D This is the sort of thing which happens when you let computers out to play in the nasty world.

There appears to be something running all the time. It must be very busy if it's making the mouse and clock miss interrupts.

beetle
24-06-2003, 02:18 PM
ok name something

i am checking again today
but some thing for me to check with an actual name would be good

as im a running adaware and avg daily, which at the moment is driving me nutty as adaware keeps overtaking all pages im currently veiwing blocking all pages....

and i update weekly.

and i have zonealarm as well so ????

what would i be looking for?

VIRUS of what maybe?

weve had worms recently sobig? manx?

hubby said he has ordered a new HAMMER ! a long handled one which will be in great use soon at the rate of problems here at moment.

beetle

stu140103
24-06-2003, 04:15 PM
> hubby said he has ordered a new HAMMER ! a long
> handled one which will be in great use soon at the
> rate of problems here at moment.

hehehe, :D :p

I / we will try & help you get your problemís solved :)

PS: No offence here but :), does your hubby know any thing about computers, or is he just as new to them as you are????

PSS: How many computers do you have???

beetle
24-06-2003, 04:28 PM
2 computers

one dead and one being irrational !

remember the other one died due to power surge.

and the irrational one is gonna be dead soon if it dont buck its ideas up!
a little surgical reconstruction will do wonders for the complexion dont you think?

LOL

why did i get a computer? ? um to make my life easier of course....!!!

:p

time for a break and a coffee i think, and that not for the puter!

beetle