PDA

View Full Version : GTA Vice City Installation

attaboy999
18-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Greetings:

I run WinXP Pro, Athlon 1800+, 512 DDR Ram, 64 MB Geforce card

I have GTA Vice City and when i try to install it this happens.

First i put it in my cd rom and I could tell by the sound it makes the cd is really bad or should i say weak and my cd rom can't read it properly and it takes ages to work properly.
Then i have to change to my cdrw drive because my cdrw drive could read weak cds better and faster, it does spin up and the installation comes up, but when it installed for about a minute a error message come up and say tranferr error, on the last line it says "incorrect function". My only choice is to click on OK but then it quits.

I asked a few friends they say it's a problem with Winxp Pro, is that true, if it is, how do i fix it.

Or is it just the cd that is too weak for any cd rom to read properly, so when it comes to that bit of data it can't read it so it quits.

Please offer any help you can.

All replies would be appreciated.

Thanks.

olibigoli
18-06-2003, 09:15 PM
If it is the original disk, i have no idea whats wrong, but if it is pyrated something may have gone wrong in the copying or ur writer and cd-rom dont like the disk.

flying_green_leprachaun
19-06-2003, 01:02 AM
I would say burn it slower next time... 4x speed has never given me a problem (I do have a faster burner ;-))

DangerousDave
19-06-2003, 08:55 AM
GARGHHHHHHHH
Green L, don't ever promote piracy!!!! Some people have put several years of their lives into that game and now your ripping it off them. Their art work, their lives. Your probably one of the ppl that complains about how expensive computer games are too, well piracy doesn't help!!!!

- David
p.s. sorry i'm so agro about it, but i've done a bit of programming, and a dab of it in games, and i've seen the amount of work that goes into it.

metla
19-06-2003, 11:39 AM
yep yep yep,ripping off their art,their work,their lives,heck,im sure once they spend the 100 million or so they have made off the game they will be gutted......

flying_green_leprachaun
19-06-2003, 04:00 PM
(Note, this is not a flame, nor am I begging for an argument, Pressf1 seems fairly unique amongst forums out there for a really low rate of trolls 'n' flames. I luff you guys ;-))

I wasn't condoning Piracy, it just seemed to me that it was likely what was going on, as for the 4x burning suggestion, that is valid for anything that you choose to burn. I occasionally have had issues with stuff I have burned at higher speeds (software that a friend coded & wanted to take to another computer without a net connection) not working on legacy hardware. Problem gone on reburn at a lower speed.

PS. no need to apologize ;-) your opinion is officially sanctioned by law lol

Lohsing
19-06-2003, 05:13 PM
Haha, I don't think GTA Vice City is even released yet!! $50 says it's a pirated version....

Lo.

phylip
19-06-2003, 05:51 PM
actually vice city has been released in newzealand
you can buy it from here
http://www.gamesman.co.nz/product.php?id=1262
for the price of $89.95 nz
and was released on the 12th of june 2003
so there may be a slim chance it is a legal game