PDA

View Full Version : viagart.vxd ???

hamstar
14-06-2003, 04:18 PM
When I boot into windows, it gives me a dos error stating that viagart.vxd which the registry or system.ini file points to is no longer available. I have searched my system for the file to no avail, and I have searched the system.ini file to no avail, however I wouldn't know where it would be kept in the registry.

On the other hand, I have noticed that sometimes when my computer goes on stanby, hibernate or even just switching off the screen and maybe the matrix screensaver coming on (www.uselesscreations.com) the screen starts going glitchy. Like last night I had kazaa running and turned the screen off (target10%) when i came back every gray part on kazaa was white and speckeled like the toolbar didn't exist and I was looking behind it if you know what I mean.

When I moved my mouse over the buttons they appeared but on mouse off, dissapeared after a few seconds.

Then just before I restarted my computer, and left it for a while, when I came back the screen was off and when I turned it on it looked like like the screensaver was all lines like no reception on a tv. But nothing was moving.

But. My motherboard graphics controller is VIA. Does the VIAgart.vxd have anything to do with it?

Your help is much appreciated,

[i]BTW what does IMHO mean?[i/]

tweak\'e
14-06-2003, 05:04 PM
viagart is part of the graphics drivers (and motherboard). if you are useing via onboard graphics i think there is a new driver out not long ago.try a clean out and reinstall driver.

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

hamstar
15-06-2003, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the info tweak'e.