PDA

View Full Version : Lost video,have sound,in all my video clips.

Neil McC
11-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Was actually going to ask for help as my sister can hear the wmv file I sent her,but can't see it.Just checked mine and none of my saved clips show the picture as well.Winamp 2.91 on both pc's. Hers--Win98, mine ME. This has just happened on mine! All playing ok 3 days ago. The latest clip I received was the one"Read my lips-Endless Love". Help!!
This is for wmv,mpg,mpeg,mpe, asf.Have looked in the winamp setup,but haven't changed anything .
mov with Quicktime still works ok. Video screen comes up on Winamp but no picture.

Neil McC
11-06-2003, 09:52 AM
Have just tried opening these videos with Win Media Player and they do play ok.So must be something to do with Winamp? Thanks.

Neil McC
11-06-2003, 06:47 PM
Further on,have downloaded Winamp 3 and everything plays in it.Anyone else had trouble with 2.91? ( which used to work)

revspecies116
12-06-2003, 01:19 PM
The WMV format is Microsoft proprietry. Best to use Microsoft products to watch Microsoft codec videos. Anywho winamp is best for Audio. I've never used its video capabilities, because frankly, they SUCK. But whatever get people through the day :)

Rev Species 116