PDA

View Full Version : Internet connection

bk T
10-06-2003, 09:13 PM
I've a small network with 5 XP machines connecting to a Switch. Internet connection is through Ni500 ADSL router which also connects to the switch. Everything was working fine until recently when one of the machine is behaving a little weird. The problem is, when this particular machine (only this) is turned on and tries to access the Internet (using IE 6 SP1 with all the updates), error message says:

"No network connection to the Internet is currently available. To view Internet content that has been saved on your computer, click Work Offline. Click Try Again to attempt to connect."

When I click Try Again, it connects to the Internet without any problem! This only happens when all other machines in the network are turned off. But, when any of the other machines is turned on first, this machine has no problem in connecting to the Internet. All other network functions like file and print sharing are OK. And, this problem only happens when the machine is first turned on and it works fine after the first attempt to connect to the Internet.

I did a Windows update (downloaded and installed quite a few patches)a couple of days ago but didn't notice this problem until yesterday.

Any suggestions?