PDA

View Full Version : Gigabyte VAX1394 and MSI Ti4200 problems

stevenb
08-06-2003, 10:12 PM
I'm suffering a few problems with a brand new Gigabyte VAX1394 and MSI Ti4200 video card causing problems at bootup. I'm getting 1 long and 2 short bios beeps indicating a video card failure sometimes. I've had the video card replaced with a new one so that's not at fault. The problem doesn't happen all the time so it appears to be a setting rather than a hardware problem. Has anybody got any ideas? I've tried everything I can think off already so I'm open to any suggestions!

metla
08-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Read the manual taking note of the correct jumper settings(or is the board jumperless?,seems to be the way of the future....hell,way of the present even.........HA)

Could try resetting the bios,usually a jumper(unless its jumperless)

Send the board back,insist its faulty and demand a replacement,if a new board still gives errors,well,at the very least you know to look elsewhere for the problem.

Have you tried re-seating your hardware?

tweak\'e
09-06-2003, 11:30 AM
what bios brand? also what powersupply and cpu?

stevenb
09-06-2003, 12:37 PM
It's an Award bios (can't remember version number) and a 300W Hyena power supply with an XP2000+ CPU. The problem still occurs with everything disconnected and removed except for the video card so it's unlikely it's a problem with the power supply being too weak. I've tried reflashing the bios and clearing CMOS to no avail. I'm tending to believe it's a problem with the motherboard as the card will work for several days at a time and then just stop working and then magically start working again!