PDA

View Full Version : korean language pack

Hugh Jarse
08-06-2003, 11:43 AM
Gentlefolk
I have been sent a message from a Korean friend which contains some Korean characters, I am running win98se I am damned If I can find the language pack for my pc, any suggestions please
rgds
Hugh

stu140103
08-06-2003, 12:54 PM
Have you looked under windows update???? Also have a look at
here (http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/) & see if they have it listed some where on that page.

Hope this helps :)

godfather
08-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Windows 95, 98, 98SE, 2000, ME

Option 1:
Add/Remove components from Internet Explorer
1. Open the control panel (click Start - Settings - Control Panel)
2. Double-click on Add/Remove Programs and select Internet Explorer (*If this is not an option, go to Option 2)
3. A menu should come up asking if you want to "Add Component", "Delete Component", or "Remove Program". Select "Add Component".
4. Insert your Windows CD-Rom if it asks for it. Once the options load - find Install Korean Language Pack (fonts) and Korean Input Method (IME). The first will install the fonts necessary to view Korean text and the second will allow you to type in Korean. You do not need to install Korean menus and dialogs, unless you want all of the menus (i.e. file, favorites, edit, format, etc...) to be viewable in Korean as well as English).

Option 2:
Upgrade your internet explorer to version 6.0
1. Download IE 6.0 from Microsoft's website or a magazine cover CD.
2. Install the program by using "CUSTOM" install.
3. Find the language section and select the Korean language font pack and Korean Input Text Method (IME).
4. Complete installation.